So - although we though spring was here based on yesterday's temperatures, today it is snowing quite heavily and we are watching through the window. It is actually very pretty - but prettier knowing that it is probably the last of the snowstorms for this winter. Things are settling down as Lavi and I think we found a good solution for our lack of nanny situation. We are going to try a local family daycare which really looked great and well-organized and fits our schedule nicely. We interviewed a couple of nannies who were possibilities, but we made the decision to try a new route. I just hope he doesn't go and come back sick the next week. Last week I was home with Ari due to a double ear infection that we didn't even know he had developed, which probably came from the new daycare a week before that. Thankfully - my parents were a great help to me through all these ups and downs and we spent a good deal of time at their house (amidst the construction chaos). Ari got to spend a lot of time with his granny and grandpa and now he loves going over to the house. He has his little spots that he enjoys, like the newspaper basket. He even loves his toys that he can only find over there.
Ari actually had his first sleepover last Friday night. My parents watched him while Lavi and I took a belated Valentines Day weekend break. We stole away for 1 night to a very pretty inn in Hudson Valley called Buttermilk Falls Inn (you would have thought we were back in Ithaca). It was a stone's throw away from the Culinary Institute of America - where we ate dinner overlooking a window into the student kitchen. Dinner was great, although I have to say that the decor was less than desirable. We relaxed and played games (I taught Lavi chess and he beat me on the first round - we didn't have a second round :) ). The next day we ate breakfast overlooking the Hudson and watching Metro-North trains pass by across the river, which was a grand sight. We then went for spa treatments - both of us had facials and massages and it was great.
In other news - Ari is trying to take his first few steps. He has managed two or three but still enjoys scooting around at a fast paced crawl. He has almost outgrown his latest shoes and I think will be in walkers for the next round, but we'll see. No pressure...
Lavi and I are working hard these days - and my project is hopefully coming to a close (at least for Part 1) - but I am working toward my April 2nd deadline and things seem to be going smoothly (if I can make it to work these days). Overall - we are back on our feet and getting ready for spring. Spring cleaning - here we come :)
Check out our latest photos (it has been a while since we sent out an album)...
Ari - 8 to 11 months
No comments:
Post a Comment